Thursday, August 9, 2012

Oatmeal Cookies with Coffee Icing!


My two favorite things in life are oatmeal and cookies. You could say I can get a little obsessive about each. How about oatmeal, a cookie, and coffee combined? Heaven. One of many desserts I made for my mom's party includes these oatmeal cookies with coffee icing. 


For the avid reader, you might recognize these from The Peach Keeper, which is a book by Sarah Addison Allen. If you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend it. Anyways, in the book the girl name Rachel makes coffee snacks, and these cookies happen to be something she made in the book. They sounds oh so delicious to me, and I never thought a recipe might exist. Google and an author's website proved me wrong.



So whether you want these oatmeal cookies plain or with the coffee icing, I think you should go make these. Now. You will not regret it. I found myself eating the dough out of the bowl in anticipation of the actual cookie. 


Okay, enough gushing! You have got to try these for yourself! Here's the recipe!
Oatmeal Cookies with Coffee Icing
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups quick-cooking oats (not instant or old-fashioned) 

Whip the butter with your mixer until it's smooth. Stir in the sugar and mix well. Stir in vanilla, honey and eggs and mix well. Sift together flour, cinnamon and baking powder, and add to the butter mixture. Stir in oats. Drop the dough onto a cookie sheet by teaspoonfuls (or more if you like a big cookie like I do.) I flattened mine a bit before putting them in the oven, but it's completely unnecessary. Just roll em' into balls and place them on the sheet. They really couldn't get any easier to make.
Bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes.

Enjoy!

Click here to see the original recipe! Click here to buy The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen. It's even on sale, and come on! You need a good book to read while eating your cookies and enjoying the last days of summer! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

KeepCalmand... Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

© 2011 Bows, Pearls, and Texas Girls., AllRightsReserved.