Monday, August 13, 2012

I Survived My Mom's Surprise Dessert Party!

Whew I am back! I'm not really positive how on earth I successfully surprised my mom. Geez, I'm only 15, and I don't think I ever want to see another cookie, brownie, or pie ever again. BUT...if you would like to undertake the task of throwing a budget friendly dessert party, you are at the right place :)


I love cupcake toppers. It's a little weird how cute I think they are. So... why not top everything with color coordinated cupcake toppers? Yes please. To make them is so easy! Cut hearts out of scrap booking paper and hot glue the heart to a toothpick. So so easy!

Here's the cake. I'm artistically challenged, so I just stuck with plain ol' bunting. I went on etsy to look for the easy way out, but bunting that cost $25 for a cake? Yeah. Right. So, scrap booking paper saved me again. Cake pop sticks, scrap booking paper, and twine created this bunting in less than 5 minutes!


Here's the table from a distance. Sorry for the bad pictures. I was in such a hurry that I barley had time to snap any pictures! It's a simplistic design, but overall I was happy.

If you can see my little chalk board in the back, I wrote Life is Short, eat dessert first. Tutorial for that is coming very soon! I am sooo artisitc, and that actually came out decent. Talk about how thrilling.


I made brownies, chocolate chip cookies, mini blueberry pies, pie pops, oatmeal cookies with coffee icing, and ferrero rochers because they are so tasty! So. Much. Food.


These are the oatmeal cookies with coffee icing. They are addicting. They will be the reason I'm unable to do sports this year. I have the recipe in a previous post. Go, go go! You won't regret it!


Here's the front entrance! Antique look with my mom's baby picture and roses! I chose pink so it didn't look all 'Hey you're my girlfriend, here's red roses!'


Ferrero Rochers on the table. So cute! They were a hit or did my brother eat them all before anyone else could.

.

The whole effect! I made tissue paper pom poms like Martha Stewart by myself, and I am so so pleased with how they came out! My bunting on the window is in fact printer paper and yellow wall paint. Once again a money saver, and it came out pretty well!


Well, Happy Birthday Mommy! I hope you enjoyed your surprise party!

XOXO,
k



0 comments:

Post a Comment

KeepCalmand... Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

© 2011 Bows, Pearls, and Texas Girls., AllRightsReserved.