Friday, June 1, 2012

Keep Calm and... Bake Oatmeal Cookies

Well, since I finally did the hard work and created my blog, I deserve something special right? At least, that's what I thought around lunch time when we had "nothing to eat," anywhere in the house. Therefore, I made a batch of Oatmeal and Oatmeal/ Chocolate Chip Cookies. Make that gooey, warm, chocolaty, and healthy oatmeal cookies. Salivating yet? I sure am. Here's the recipe.


First, mix 1 cup of shortening, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 cup of packed brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.


Then, add 2 eggs, 1 tsp of vanilla, and 1 tsp of salt.


Finally, mix in 3 cups of Oats, 1 1/2 cups of flour, and one tsp of baking soda. Chocolate chips are optional (I did half and half!)


Here's how they should look when you roll them into balls in the bowl. (Or you can drop them from a spoon, either way works!)




Put the balls on an ungreased cookie sheet!


and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.


Once done, let the cookies cool for about 5 minutes or...


eat them warm and gooey, straight from the oven. Enjoy!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

KeepCalmand... Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

© 2011 Bows, Pearls, and Texas Girls., AllRightsReserved.